GridEdge is currently involved in a project to create a Renewable Energy Park at the Radial Timbers Sawmill in Yarram.
The project will establish a “Bioenergy Cell” that incorporates the GridEdge SoNick Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) and a Pyrolysis Unit.
Stage 1 will be the installation of 2 x 100kW solar & 2 x 67.5 kWh battery installations that will be shared with a Yarram community group via a benefit sharing model.
Stage 2 of the Renewable Energy Park is to establish a small pyrolysis unit plus SoNick battery storage.
Stage 3 will be the installation a larger pyrolysis unit plus additional SoNick battery storage
Stage 4 will be the installation of a neighbourhood battery to provide energy for the wider Yarram community.
Chris McEvoy from Radial timber mill has always had the dream of employing a Bioenergy plant at the Mill to create a closed loop and self-sufficient sawmill which could be expanded to provide renewable energy to the local Yarram community. The Radial Timber Group has a number of sustainable timber plantations, which will supply the biomass as feedstock and be transformed into valuable bioproducts.
This Renewable energy park will help the Radial timber mill create this dream in stages, proving the concept at each stage.
The energy storage will be provided by GridEdge and consists of a Battery Energy Storage System (BESS), which features the safe, non-flammable, non-explosive and reliable molten salt, SoNick battery from Switzerland, that will allow the bioenergy plant to utilise more of the electricity produced
Establishing the renewable energy park will provide
Forestry Transition Benefits from The Project such as;
- Energy security and resilience for the Mill
- The production of bioproducts and research opportunities allow for the local community to become involved by the creation of new industries and jobs.
- Opportunities for the local farming communities with the Biochar and Wood Vinegar applications
Yarram Community Benefits from The Project
- Opportunity to add Solar PV to the project via a community led sub project to increase local community participation.
- Increasing the resilience of the Mill to help secure jobs
- Creating new jobs through involvement with newly created bioproduct industries
- Opportunity for a local community Renewable Investment Opportunity.
- Provide a backbone for a local smart grid.
- The GridEdge BESS component will be constructed and assembled in Gippsland.
- Employment opportunities with different skillsets for Assembly, Installation, Commissioning and Operation.
- Ongoing Monitoring and Maintenance contracts – system and components.
- GridEdge seek to setup: SoNick Battery assembly operation, and Refurbishment & repair centre
would like to know more about getting safe, reliable, recyclable, Sodium Nickel
Chloride (molten salt) battery storage for your own home, business or
micro-grid application visit us at http://quantum.GridEdge.com.au
We have a number of different sized systems that can cater to your budget and needs.