“The rapid uptake of batteries is going to drive a very Australian energy revolution,” and “It is being driven by grassroots consumer demand rather than any consistent national policy.
“It is gathering momentum because of
- the vast size of our electricity network and relatively low population density which leaves many people without a reliable power supply,
- protection from power outages that are becoming ever more common, often as a result of ever more violent climate events,
- environmental concerns and a recognition that we need to move to renewable power generation, whether governments are going to take responsibility for the problem or not,
- consumer self-interest and a desire for energy independence and protection from ever increasing electricity bills,
- the end or coming end of feed-in tariffs leaving consumers paying a far higher rate, if any, for electricity purchased than they are paid for their electricity generation
- and perversely, a conservative electricity industry that is generally resisting the transition to the smart grid future that storage technologies enable.
If you would like to know more about getting battery storage for your own home visit us at http:// quantum.GridEdge.com.au