- Climate Change: The majority of Australians agree that climate change is occurring (71 %) and accept the scientific consensus that human activity is the main cause (57 %).2. Action: The majority of Australians want Australia to address climate change because they see strong economic, environmental and social benefits and opportunities in the shift to a clean economy (73 %).
3. Energy: The vast majority of Australians want Australia’s future energy mix to be dominated by renewable energy (96 %), preferably supported by storage technologies (58 %). They see this as an economically smart outcome for our country. A majority of Australians want traditional coal generation out of the mix within the next 20 years (60 %) they want an orderly, managed transition to clean energy underway now (72 %).
4. International Leadership: The majority of Australians want our country to be an international leader on climate change action (63 %), particularly renewable energy development, innovation and implementation an overwhelming majority would not want Australia to copy the USA’s withdrawal from the Paris Agreement (87 %). Most want us to work harder with other countries to achieve the Agreement’s objectives of limiting global warming to 1.5-2°C (61 %).
5. Policy: The majority of Australians want bipartisan, constructive climate change and energy policy implemented to make these goals a reality 64 % want Australia to set targets and implement domestic action to achieve net zero emissions.
6. Federal Government: The majority of Australians do not consider the federal government to be doing a good job of informing the public about climate change, managing its impacts and driving the transition to clean energy (89 %)
If you would like to take steps to be more renewable and would like to know more about getting safe, reliable and recyclable battery storage for your own home, business or micro-grid visit us at http://GridEdge.com.au